• Chief Financial Officer/Controller
- Acted in the capacity of a CFO and Controller for numerous businesses
for those clients who did not have a person in that position.
• Advisory Boards – Served on several advisory
boards to discuss strategic business planning and was part of many executive
• Business Acquisitions and Sales - Worked with
clients in the acquisition and sale of several companies including the
negotiation process, developing creative solutions to achieve favorable
results for both parties, business valuations, providing the attorneys
with details to prepare the necessary legal documents, and assistance
in the resulting transition issues.
• Compensation Planning - Provided compensation
planning to owners for key persons and commission structures for salespersons
designed to be achievable and easily measurable as well as provide for
continued long-term employment of key individuals.
• Succession Planning - Implemented succession
plans for various clients to achieve company stability and marketability
during both planned and unplanned transitions.
• Financial Statement Interpretation Training -
Educated clients on interpreting financial statements to ensure they were
knowledgeable of the financial condition of their businesses.
• Employee Benefit Plans - Assisted with the selection
and implementation of employee benefit plans including profit sharing
plans, 401K plans, and flexible spending plans.
• Hiring - Assisted with the interviewing and hiring
of clients executive and accounting personnel.
• Business Separations - Assisted in amicable split
up of several companies for partners who chose to separate their businesses.
• Financial Statement Preparation Training - Trained
accounting personnel to set-up processes and procedures to ensure timely
monthly financial statements and the related supporting data.
• Real Estate Transactions - Assisted several real
estate transactions including site location, price negotiations, environmental
inspections, lease negotiations, and the entire process of selecting a
builder, coordinating the building design, and the related legal documents.
• Crisis Management, Troubled Business Restructuring –
Successfully assisted several financially troubled businesses in areas
of identifying the depth of the financial crisis and developed a practical
solution to addressing the situation. Assisted several clients in identifying
accounting improprieties, developed strategies to continue portions of
their operations, negotiated settlements with banks and other key creditors,
quickly negotiated the sale of all or portions of their businesses, negotiated
consulting, employment and commissions arrangements, and coordinated the
preparation of all legal documents consisting of asset purchase agreements,
non-compete agreements, consulting contracts, distribution contracts,
and employment agreements.
• Business Receivership – Acted as a company
receiver for a business whose shareholders were unexpectedly incapacitated.
Duties included insuring the continuity of business until company could
be sold and overseeing the operations including sales, production, accounts
receivable, accounts payable and payroll. Successfully negotiated the
sale of the business to a local competitor and coordinated all legal documents
in less than one month.